Re: RE: RE: Now that I have 2K on my 2K1...

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 10:34:57 EST

The bumper is reinforced to tow. I was rear ended a few years back and was hit
right at the step part of the bumper. There is just a small dimple where I was
hit. The tip of the other guy's bumper was caved in. The bumper on my 92 is
rated for 2000 lbs. I would never use it at it's limit. A small utility trailer
with a small load would be ok. I've seen too many bumpers bent up around the
step. I have a class 3 hitch on mine.

Doug Fedeli