Build date from VIN?

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 12:23:54 EST

I had a Dodge parts dept. guy ask for the VIN on my truck. He said they use
it to get the build date, sales codes, etc.

First of all, I was just asking about the 15x8 wheels for a 2000 Dak V6 RC.
I can't imagine there being a choice about it depending on my build date?

Second, is there any further info you can get from a VIN other than we see
in the VIN decoder? The only time-specific information in there is the build
sequence, and I don't see anything that would give them any additional
specific info that would help them select parts for my truck... it basicall
says it's a 2000 V6 Dakota RC from Warren, not much more.

Thanks!

- Alex/StL
'00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/SxokV7hSrtCVk