the subject of no mufflers on a dak....

From: Crawdaddy (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 15:46:53 EST

that was more or less the "norm" when I lived in Monroe (redneck town) =]
I can say that, I lived there for 8years! anyways, most all the chebbys up
there, bedause 80% of chebby trucks are located in Monroe/West Monroe, I
swear!, had no mufflers after the cat.. the older 350s had true duals with
2 converters then 2 pipes going into one muffler.. for 150 bux you could
easily have a true dual system.. That was about the only thing I liked about
chebby trucks, the sound. My old roomie had a 96 with the 305/306 and he had
a second coverter put on it and no mufflers.. well, after a few tickets for
sound, he put 2 flowmaster 1 chamber race mufflers on it.. the only thing
they did was quite down the idle, sounded the same at WOT, where he stayed
most of the time.

When I get my new QC, some time next year, if I get the 4x4, like I want, it
will have a split behind the converter with no muffler.. it will be a true
redneck truck =] Now, if we could only find some cats for the wifes
truck...... hehehehee
nothing is "illegal" in La., until you get caught.. We been running with out
em for 4 years now *evil grin*

         http://www.geocities.com/gwgaskin
                  ICQ UIN# 2325710
                   New Orleans, La
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/GgYMEmNMV9Dtw/profile.htm
  see above profile for more info on my Dak =]