Rattling noise when cold.

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 21:07:13 EST

Okay

I've had this problem for almost as long as I can remember. When I start
her up, especially on cold or cool mornings, I hear a rattling noise kinda
loud. I goes away when the engine is revved up and once the engine warms
up. The other day I was changing the oil so I was running the engine to
warm the oil a little so it would all flow out. I was hearing the rattle so
I started crawling around the truck trying to find the source. I think it
is coming from the catalytic converter. My only thought is that the
computer has it running rich while it warms up and I'm hearing the excess
full burn up / explode in the cat. Any one got and input to this?

Oh BTW its a 96 V6.

Later
Kenneth