Re: OOPS!!! Any suggestions?

From: Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 00:05:36 EST

Sorry to hear that Steven... when I hit the lamp post - I guessed my
speed to be in the neighborhood of 20 - 25 MPH or so. I also have
cab/bed alignment issues. The impact was also on my right side and I
also ruined my right front rim and blew the tire out. Good thing I'm
running on stock steel wheels - nothing fancy. I have not had the truck
to a body shop yet - but my guess is that the bed and or cab shifted on
the body mounts. That may be what happend with your truck as well. I
didn't have any frame damage to my truck, so I can rule that out. I
would have your steering checked to be on the safe side, in addition to
the alignment. You dont want to find out that you have a damaged
steering rack or somthing, later on. In my case - my steering rack was
almost totally sheered off by the impact. And I still need a better
alignment job. She pulls to the right pretty good.