Re: Mercedes-Benz 4.7l V8????

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 09:48:13 EST

Sorry for keeping this going, but I come up with an new point this morning.

So what if a R/T did 14.51sec 1/4mile. Even if it's true it doesn't prove
that the 5.9L is a faster truck than the 4.7L, it just says that particular
R/T is faster than the average 4.7L. Realistically we're not able to prove
this either way. I'd only be convinced if I saw something like 10 stock
4.7L's doing best 2 of 3 runs each and averaging their times. Then
comparing that to 10 stock 5.9L and comparing their times. But we all know
that ain't gonna happen.

And by the way I didn't say the R/T can tow 5K. Just that it's rating is
not that high.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at