RE: ET Improvements

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 13:21:51 EST

Can't tell you about ET's but there was a college student or group that did
an study of aerodynamic drag on lid vs no lid, top vs no top, tail gate up
vs down vs gone altogether. The results may surprise you but,
unfortunately, I can't find that site. I believe the end result was the
following list, in order from best (least drag) to worst:

1) Shell-type top, like Snug Top.
2) Hard Lid (tonneau cover), like Snug Lid
3) Tailgate Up
4) Tailgate Down with or without net
5) Tailgate Missing with or without net

Ron