Re: timing chain

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 14:04:06 EST

Thanks, Bernd. I called my dealer and told them that my Chrysler
extended warranty has the timing chain and gearset listed as a covered
component. I then asked them if it has to fail for it to be replaced
under warranty (reminding him that I realize a failed timing chain is
often fixed by installing a reman'd engine...), or if they'd replace
it now based on the noise it's making. He indicated that they probably
would cover it under warranty. Now I can harass them some more and
see if this service would include the addition of the tensioner.

thanks again for the info
kevin d.