Re: Lift Kit for 96 V-8 4x4 Dak?

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 14:24:08 EST

In a message dated 12/14/00 12:31:33 PM, Y2KDakuda@aol.com writes:

<< A friend e-mailed me and asked what is the best lift kit for a 96 Dakota
and where to get one at a good price. >>

Only one suspension lift available for a Gen II Dak, the Trailmaster 4"
suspension lift. Expect it to cost about 1200 or so, plus professional
installation. I say professional installation from experience. Its a pain in
the ass to install and the parts aren't the best fitting, requiring a lot of
retooling, redrilling, grinding, etc...a couple of us on this list have done
the install and wished we would've had someone do it for us!

Another option is a body lift, 2" and 3" are available from Performance
Accessories, 3" from Trailmaster, those run under $100.

All parts can be ordered through Summit or other suppliers.

I've got the Trailmaster 4" lift on mine, with the PA 2" body lift as well.
You can see some pics at:
http://cnc.4x4.org/members/members.php3?member=david_kilian

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4.10, 4" susp/2" Body lift, 33" MT's etc...
http://cnc.4x4.org/members/members.php3?member=david_kilian