Re: M. Benz rant - long - ya been warned!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 20:50:22 EST

Uh...Tom,I think we`re supposed to like the new
direction of Daimler********,because it is a wonderful
example of a global economy in action.(Like the
recounts were a wonderful example of democracy in
action.)Even though Chrysler has always been my
favorite auto-maker,I find myself trying to warm up to
Ford or GM products.It just isn`t the same knowing
that it`s a foreign company now.Only the fact that
Auburn Hills is still somewhat alive keeps me going.I
keep hoping that Kerkorian can do something.Steve P.
-- Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> I just was talking to a friend of mine about this MB
> take over stuff...
> I am really really really REALLY pissed off to hear
> the plans of what
> Shrimp is trying to do. With the new divisions. I
> am going to try and
> buy one more Dodge Dakota while I still can.
> Probably a 2001 model. And
> then, if things go the way the still are. I will
> totally cut my brand
> loyalty off from the decomposing remains of what was
> Chrysler. I will
> not support the company in any way, shape, or form.
> And I plan on
> sending a hand written letter to the CEO's or
> whoever I can get a hold
> of over in the idiots offices. A very very
> unpleasent, yet tactfull
> letter. I love the Dodge Dakota. I hate the current
> company. The Dodge
> Brothers are spinning in their graves at this very
> moment. The
> predecessor to my Dodge Dakota was a Chevy 1/2 ton
> pick up. It was a 70
> somthing. Before the design became so squared off,
> in the early 80's. I
> don't recall the exact year. And while the new Chevy
> trucks are not like
> those old steel horses of yesteryear, they sure as
> hell are better than
> a Ford. Toyota and Nissan are not even options in
> my books. From where
> I sit, Chrystler died a while ago. The body just
> hasn't stopped
> twitching yet. Shrimp has ruined our great company
> my friends. It has
> been a great loss indeed.
>
> (stepps down from soap box, picks it up, sets it on
> fire, and throws it
> in the front seat of a 68 Charger and watches it go
> up in flames, as a
> symbolic death of Chrysler)
>
> --
> Tom
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine
> Site Updated Again - on 12/7/00
> Three new accident pictures posted!
> 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.