RE: Speedometer

From: Victor Carrola, Jr. (carrola@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 01:04:01 EST

Carl
I'm in the same boat as you, the speedo is controlled by the computer,
so they need to plug the DRB in to correct it. I've checked with a
couple of dealers and they want $58 to $69, for what I believe is a 5
minute max job. I saw TRUCKS! on TNN and they did this update on a
Chevy with a hypertech computer. I checked hypertech's site, but they
don't have a computer for the 4.7, you may wan to check for the 3.9.
Anyway they had a form to fill out if you wanted to request a product
for an application they don't yet support, so sent one in for my 4.7.
Maybe eventually they'll make one.

I'd rather pay a couple of hundred and get a computer than pay an hours
worth of labor for a 5 minute job that may or may not get done right.

After typing this I realize I have assumed the speedo on the '99 is the
same as the '01.