Re: Dodge versus the Lightning

From: Jimmy L (blackishdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 01:13:36 EST

Do you not read?? Look at the bottom of this email and read it 10 times
over. And I quote "I went and priced a lightning for $hit$ and giggles, it
was 27,900 out the door for a brand spankin new 2000 white lightning"

Soooooo, that would be a Brand New 2000 lightning, eh? 2000, brand spankin
new with 11 miles on the odo, does that qualify as new? I think so. If I am
not mistaken, Ted got his Lightning for a similar dollar amount, maybe less.

Anyhoo, I do not keep up with the R/T boys but there should be a lot more
than 4 or 5 of them running 13's NA for the starting point that they have.

And you are right, we will not discuss the 4.7, Ryan (that a sibling or good
friend?) has already been put in his place on the 4.7 and came back with an
absolute childish remark, I hope you don't do the same. Definitely good luck
to ya on the lightning shootout, I would also love to see you guys kick some
ass.

Jimmy Latano
'99 5.2 RC 5spd 14.10@99.07

OK price it at Edmunds. MSRP fora 01 lightning is 33k. Was that Lighting
brand new? Come on, I dout it was new, if so,it'ste cheapest new Lightning
ever for someone who desn't have the A-Plan By the end of winter I'll be
eating those things N/A with slightly over 20k invested, including the
truck. The 360 is probably the most-underestimated engine ever. it will
take a lot more than people think. Geez, there are what, 4-5 NA R/ts that
have run high/mid 13s N/A! Most with 2k or LESS in mods! That IMHO is mre
impressive than a supercharged/intercooled truck with 295/55/18 meats
running low 14s/high 13s! LOL. It's nice to see so many people brain-washed
about the Lightning :/ Oh, I also priced a 00 model at the SVT dealership
in Lexington, lowest they would go is 31k (32500 sticker). Priced new to
new, a fully loaded RC R/T will be generally 10k cheaper than a Lightning.
That's no bull. Hell, we won't even talk about the 4.7 that can be had in a
dak for what, 15k and run mid 14s bone stock?

   Brian
   "It's only crap if it is not the truth, therefore I do NOT talk crap"