Re: Dodge versus the Lightning

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 02:08:30 EST

on 12/14/00 10:13 PM, Jimmy L at blackishdak@hotmail.com wrote:

> Do you not read?? Look at the bottom of this email and read it 10 times
> over. And I quote "I went and priced a lightning for $hit$ and giggles, it
> was 27,900 out the door for a brand spankin new 2000 white lightning"
>
> Soooooo, that would be a Brand New 2000 lightning, eh? 2000, brand spankin
> new with 11 miles on the odo, does that qualify as new? I think so. If I am
> not mistaken, Ted got his Lightning for a similar dollar amount, maybe less.
>
> Anyhoo, I do not keep up with the R/T boys but there should be a lot more
> than 4 or 5 of them running 13's NA for the starting point that they have.
>
> And you are right, we will not discuss the 4.7, Ryan (that a sibling or good
> friend?) has already been put in his place on the 4.7 and came back with an
> absolute childish remark, I hope you don't do the same. Definitely good luck
> to ya on the lightning shootout, I would also love to see you guys kick some
> ass.
>
> Jimmy Latano
> '99 5.2 RC 5spd 14.10@99.07
>

> OK price it at Edmunds. MSRP fora 01 lightning is 33k. Was that Lighting
> brand new? Come on, I dout it was new, if so,it'ste cheapest new Lightning
> ever for someone who desn't have the A-Plan By the end of winter I'll be
> eating those things N/A with slightly over 20k invested, including the
> truck. The 360 is probably the most-underestimated engine ever. it will
> take a lot more than people think. Geez, there are what, 4-5 NA R/ts that
> have run high/mid 13s N/A! Most with 2k or LESS in mods! That IMHO is mre
> impressive than a supercharged/intercooled truck with 295/55/18 meats
> running low 14s/high 13s! LOL. It's nice to see so many people brain-washed
> about the Lightning :/ Oh, I also priced a 00 model at the SVT dealership
> in Lexington, lowest they would go is 31k (32500 sticker). Priced new to
> new, a fully loaded RC R/T will be generally 10k cheaper than a Lightning.
> That's no bull. Hell, we won't even talk about the 4.7 that can be had in a
> dak for what, 15k and run mid 14s bone stock?
>
> Brian
> "It's only crap if it is not the truth, therefore I do NOT talk crap"
>
>> Man, whoever posted previously that you talk a lot of crap is absolutely
>> right. I went and priced a lightning for $hit$ and giggles, it was 27,900
>> out the door for a brand spankin new 2000 white lightning. You really
>> oughtta get your facts straight, you are gonna get your ass handed to you
> by
>> those Lightning's. Seeing as you are "gonna" spank them silly as you say,
>> email me when you are ready for them. And along with the other emails, you
>> never posted your 1/4 times, got something to hide? Good Luck
>>
>> Jimmy Latano
>> '99 5.2 RC 5spd 14.10@99.07

Dude ,

Thats a shame that there is even a 00 Lightening left on the lot it almost
2001 and that was a limited production truck.....

maybe thats why its 27900, most of the dealers here in so cal get "list" and
the lightenings are all sold to overweight people in a mid 50 crisis .

Hey maybe you can get them to put Firestones on and give you 1.9%
interest.....I think that ferd has you name written all over it...Great
White Hope.....

On the other hand I get a ton of looks from the under 25 crowd.

Scott Q