Re: timing chain

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 07:39:34 EST

>>The engines are virtually the same, why the tensioner is
only applied to the V6 makes no sense to me<<

the only thing I can think of is because of balancing. I don't really know
enough about engineering to really go in depth, but I'm thinking it may have
something to do with an odd number of cylinders per side and/or harmonics.
If the balancing thing were the case, then I'll bet the V10's have
tensioners too...

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult"