Re: RE: Anti Daimler - changed mind...

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 14:20:05 EST

Absolutely! While that article was interesting, it didn't change the
basic facts as I understood them. I always understood Eaton to have
been conniving in this thing. He got what he wanted, and sold
Chrysler down the river. He probably did some lying- but Schrempp is
the master liar.
I got in a major argument in the forum at pickuptruck.com with some
bonehead who was saying that Chrysler was a failure of a company, and
we had no right to whine because Daimler bailed them out. He
wouldn't believe me that Chrysler was profitable before the "merger",
as he couldn't see why they would agree to the merger if that were so.
EATON'S SELF INTEREST! I explained ad nauseum.

Flip