Re: Re: r/t versus lightning?

From: ron chapell (rchapell@rlps.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 15:03:28 EST

Ryan,

The way I see it is that anyone can buy a truck and dump a bunch of money
into it to make it faster then the next. As I see it all that has happened
is a trailer load of bull---- was spoken and nothing has come of it. The
truth is not in the talk but in the action. Both sides plan to do this. Why
then is it necessary to talk all of this sh-- someone is going to have it
thrown back in their face. In fact there will be no clear winner when it is
over because there will be r/t's beating lightnings and lightnings beating
r/t's. There should be some kind of respect between the two. If they both
are in the same class (as in the sport truck class) then there should be
some mutual respect for what the other has accomplished. As it all will turn
out the fastest truck is going to up to the driver. Either he has a huge
wallet or he has the driving ability or combo of the two.

Ron Chapell

"Ryan Stewart" <firebird@kymtnnet.org> wrote in message
> Ron,
>
> Well, when the new Lightnings came along, the got their websites. On these
> websites, they had a favorite target of humor, that target was a Dakota
5.9
> R/T. It was called a joke, an embarrassment to the R/T nameplate, etc.
They
> said that no R/T would EVER take on of their Lightnings..... Well, some
ole
> R;/Ts boys decided to go over there and dispute this. When they told them
> Lightnin' boys they could run with Lightnin's with their mods, them
> Lightnin' boys called em liars, losers, and embarrassments to Sport
Trucks.