Re: Sub 12 Neon Turbo-Truth or Facts

From: Nick Shue (nshue@8dot3.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 11:22:45 EST

You know, it wouldn't hurt to READ the webpage and get the facts straight
before going on and on.

600 pounds difference. Lets do the math.

Viper 3300 pounds
This neon 2400 pounds
Difference of 900 pounds.

Now, you can argue that 300 pounds isn't that big of a deal, but we are
talking about over 10% difference in weight. That makes a big difference.

Boost. Nobody said he was running 10PSI. He WAS running 10 PSI when he was
doing the Stage II system. Now, with the Stage 3 system, they are running
higher. They didn't say how high, but higher never the less.

He SAID that they were running on the bottle, and figured 100HP from that
alone.

Having been around Neons since '96, I've seen many people get close to 200
HP (crankshaft) out of Neons w/o turbo. Being a 8-10PSI turbo can get
another 125-150 HP out of those engines, without touching the insides, you
are in the 300+ range. Not that difficult. (I have a friend that run's 285
on his daily driver, that's dyno'd) I've seen quite a few Neons run in the
13's. It's not that hard to see this neon running these times. They are
not the only people doing it.

But, you would have seen most of these facts if you have read the webpage.
But why argue the point, the video doesn't lie.