Re: RE: plug in dak?...block warmer?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 10:12:57 EST

At 05:40 PM 12/18/00, you wrote:
>Bob,
> I haven't looked for myself yet, but I take it that the plug I would
>replace with the heating element is pretty accessible? Now I'm not sure
>which one of these heaters to go with, if both are pretty easy to install.
>Thanks again! --Aaron--95 DSRC 4x4 V6

Aaron

The plugs are a screw-in type of bolt (1/2" head ?). They are in there tight!
I remember wanting to drain the block but could not get the plugs to move ...
of course, being about 11 pm at night and low 30s didn't help.

You'll have to get at it from underneath. It's just on the rad side of the
oil
filter. There is another plug just ahead of it as well (can see from the
top).
You'll probably need to use a breaker bar or an air ratchet. BTW, on mine,
they did not run the lengthy cord to the driver's side ... just ran it along
the frame to the front, clipped it at the inner, lower, front fender and
tie-wrapped it just behind the pass. headlight.

Bob