Re: AHHH!,I finally got on my truck a little!

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 10:54:18 EST

Will, I can hear your truck engine screaming wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Don't worry, your brief excursion into how the rest of us drive won't hurt
your truck. Parked outside my office is a Ford 150 that the company uses
for installs. The truck has 150,000 hard miles with irregular maintenance
on it and the engine is still tight. In the parking lot is a Nissan truck
that we use to use for installs and sold to the welder. It has 275,000 who
gives a crap about the engine miles on it and still making a run from
Palmdale to Canoga Park daily (100 plus miles round-trio up and down
hills). If our Dodge engines can't hold up as well as these trucks, we all
bought the wrong truck.

Keep up the with the maintenance schedule (like I really have to tell you
that) and the occasional journey past the 2000 rpm mark will not hurt your
engine. At the rate you are going your grandchildren will be enjoying rides
in grandpa's shinny old truck.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

"Will Coughlin" <willcoughlin@hotmail.com> wrote in article <F103CW4uFWjkOTGkdmc00004765@hotmail.com>... > Well people,My best friend came over today,and he hadn't seen my truck in a > while.He asked me if he could see it,so I took the cover off of it.He asked > if he could hear it since I got my exhaust dumped,so I somewhat unwillingly > cranked it up.He asked if we could go for a ride,so I let it warm up for > several minutes and we went for a little ride.He has always begged me to get > on my truck at least once,just so he could feel how fast it was(remember he > had a '92 and a '97 318 truck).So I found a clear side road and I stopped.I > took of in first and wound it to about 3700,then barked the hell out of a