Good news and better news!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 22:52:02 EST

Well, first the good news (and MANY thanks to Bruce, Mike Gansky, Charles
Smith, Alan Short, Mike Williams, and all the rest who gave input or
comments on this project):

With 9# Boost & Bruce's 50mm Billet TB, the "Project Box" with added IAT Pot
installed in one box...the Dak is running very hard now from idle to
5000rpm. No pinging...actually removed the MSD BTM from the vehicle.
(That's with 93 octane pump gas and a can of my favorite additive - NOS
Octane Booster w/Nitro)

Now the better news:

We put together a small box (4"Lx3"Wx1"H) with the POT and a small harness
to the PCM to control the MAP (via TPS reference voltage) and the IAT (with
the adjustable POT from 1K - 11K). It's still a little big for my taste but
there's no voltage "noise" and no interference from the MSD Ignition system.
It's really cool...adjust your IAT from 70 degrees to 180 degrees...have the
MAP send a high load signal when you want it to, with adjustable TPS and MAP
reference signals from 1.8v - 3.8v. (I'm not touching the Coolant Temp
Sensor since that would affect your actual Temp gauge.)

What does all this do? Corrects the MAP signal (for Supercharged
applications but can be used for "cammed" applications as well) to what you
want it to do (load settings) and adjusts the Ignition Timing and Injector
Pulse-Width slightly (4-degrees ADV or RET from what i've measured).

So...after i'm back from CA (leaving tomorrow), i'll be putting a final
touches on the box (smaller size) and then we may have a closing stage on
this (3-month) project.

- Bernd