Re: Shopping for new Dak was NC Dak Accident - For 50mph........

From: Gary Fanning (Gary@Fanning.net)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 02:00:19 EST

Chad,

While shopping for a Dakota QC, I bought a 2000 in October, I found two
dealerships that offerred what they called "net net." The deal: They show
you the invoice, we all know it isn't but, your price is the INVOICE price,
minus the HOLD BACK (which is on the invoice and dollars the dealership get
back later), minus any rebates going at the time.

I got my 2000 QC 4x4 SLT Plus, list price is $28,210, invoice $25380, hold
back $830, general rebate $2000, corporate rebate $300 (all you need is a
federal ID number, company name and address), and if you are a member of a
farm bureau that's worth $500 (didn't get, had to be a member for at least
30 days... already had the application though!). All in all, $22,250,
hassle free and happy.

Here is one of the dealership's url in my area: http://www.meltonsales.com/

They even have the invoice online!

Good Luck!