255/75 R15 vs. 265/75r16

From: Chad Simon (chad.simon@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 00:00:14 EST

I am trying to locate a new Club Cab SLT in Patriot Blue or Forest Green and
can not find one without the high performance tires 265/65r16 on them. Is
this really so popular? The dealer has searched Va, NC and SC and have not
found anything. I just don't want to have to spend $700+ dollars for a set
of four tires in a year or two. 255/75r15 was what I had on my Dak before
it was totaled and had no problem.

What am I missing?

Why should I go with the "high performance expensive" tires?

Totaled 99' Dakota Sport Club Cab
http://www.echomarket.com/dakota/