Re: 255/75 R15 vs. 265/75r16

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 00:43:10 EST

Are you sure of the sizes? Is this 4X4 or 2WD?
I would opt for the tire package, by the time you are
ready for new tires just ask the DML, I'm sure there
are good deals to be had on 16" tires
I saw 255/65-16 General Grabber S/T's for $56
or General Grabber A/W's for $44 @ tirerack.
The sizes you listed in the subject line are very
tall tires.
HTH

<<
 I am trying to locate a new Club Cab SLT in Patriot Blue or Forest Green and
 can not find one without the high performance tires 265/65r16 on them. Is
 this really so popular? The dealer has searched Va, NC and SC and have not
 found anything. I just don't want to have to spend $700+ dollars for a set
 of four tires in a year or two. 255/75r15 was what I had on my Dak before
 it was totaled and had no problem.

 What am I missing?

 Why should I go with the "high performance expensive" tires?