Re: Not sure if my ABS is working

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 03:37:55 EST

I have the same setup as you on my 99. I have never had a pulsating in my
pedal during hard braking....even on snow ice sand or mud. I can get the
fronts to lock but never the rear. I did however, after I installed my
Mopar Performance PCM and before I had it flashed, drive my truck around
without ABS in the rear. Very different feeling, the rear would engage hard
and the rear felt like it was going to lock up during firm braking.
Apparently, if your PCM module can't talk to your "body" computer you loose
the ABS. You would know it if they weren't working, the feel is way
different.