Now-My 10K mile service was: Responses to my post

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 14:22:38 EST

Jay,I have not started on the service yet,but I have been buying stuff up to
do it with.I will give you a list of the services I am going to do and the
parts/stuff I am going to use.Here you go:
1-Change engine oil-Valvoline all-climate 5W-30
2-Change engine oil filter-Napa Gold filter
3-Change power steering fluid-Valvoline SynPower Synthetic fluid
4-Change differential fluid-Valvoline SynPower fluid
5-Change spark plugs-undecided as of yet
6-Add fuel system treatment-Valvoline SynPower fuelsystem treatment
7-Clean&re-oil K&N filter-K&N recharge kit
8-Change transmission lube-Mopar specified lube
9-Change windshield wiper blades-Silblade blades
10-Remove and clean throttle body-Valvoline SynPower TB cleaner
11-Clean,inspect,& adjust brakes-Valvoline SynPower brake parts cleaner
12-Alignment on front wheels
13-Rotate and balance wheels&tires
14-Clean inside of wheels and hub mounting surface,coat mounting surface and
lugs with anti-sieze compound
15-Thoroughly clean and inspect undercarriage,repair scratches/damage
16-Reapply Rain-X to exterior glass
17-Lubricate weatherstrip/exposed rubber parts
18-Wash thouroughly-using new artificial sponges,Duragloss CWC,and my
2-bucket system
19-Polish clearcoat-Duragloss clear coat polish&protectant
20-Paint,wet sand,and polish to repair any scratches or imperfections

That's what I am going to be doing immediately after christmas.I will be
replacing my differential cover with the mopar performance chrome piece when
I change the fluid in the rear-end.I am going to do my suspension
tomorrow,so I will be doing the undercarriage work then.My best friend
paints cars,so he will be the one doing the painting,wet
sanding,buffing,etc.I will also have to have it aligned immediately after
getting it off the rack at the shop,so the alignment will be done approx.400
miles early.Oh,good news, the Mopar MTL is less $ now.$11.55/qt down from
$16.50(this is also a price from my buddy that works at the parts counter,so
it may be his price instead of list).Hope this is what you wanted to
see.TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html