Re: Merlin correction...

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 20:35:48 EST

My buddy was an A/P also, he's the one who taught me that generally almost
all airplane engines (piston) have twice as much torque as horsepower. The
Lycoming O-360-A1B6 is rated at 200 HP at 28in man pres., it's torque output
is almost twice that amount (395 tq). They typically never publish torque
figures for airplane engines, so I asked an A/P what it was.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS(8 3/4 coming soon), Cowl-induction
(A new E-body 8 3/4 [3.90 SG] has been built by Reider Racing)