RE: K&N FIPK

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 00:14:05 EST

Actually it was a snap to install. Jack Yates and I have pictures of the
install on his page. Unfortunately, I am on my 2nd GEN II tube, and it TOO
has cracked. I am not running an Edlebrock intake to get by with, and I am
looking for another 'smog legal' solution. The problem with the GEN II is
this-- when you tighten the bolt in the airhat, it puts pressure on the
entire airhat, causing it to slowly crush (and crack) in my places. Not
good. K&N needs to rework their product for the Dakota. I am not the only
person that has had this problem. Ask around.

Sam '00 RT