RE: Changing headlights..

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 16:35:41 EST

The plastic ring screws off and yes, it has to come off. Then the light
just pulls out. It's a rubber seal that goes in the hole. Look at your new
bulbs and you'll see. Whatever you do, do NOT touch the glass on your
bulbs. You will drastically shorten the bulb life. The other possible
gotcha is the wattage of your new bulbs. I assume this is a XMAS present.
Your wiring is made for 45-65W lighting. Any higher and the suggestion
would be to reinforce the wiring for the headlights by using a heavier gauge
wiring. Many will scoff and say it's been like that for awhile and no
problems.....but by the time the problem gets there, it's way too late!

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD