Re: 01 Wont Start

From: henryrollins@springmail.com
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 13:30:18 EST

I had the same promblem on my truck a long time ago. The dealer installed a cheap anti-theft thing. They cut the ing. hot wire and splice the anti-theft into it. It just acts as a jumper wire. You can pull out the little key and the truck will not start. They are all junk the cost the dealer under 2.00 and they charge about 250 dollars. They burn out and wear out real quick and when they do it acts just like you said. When I bought my truck I saw that they had installed this POS on the truck. I told the dealer that I would not pay for it and I wanted it taken out. They said that they would do that. But all they did is install a little perment jumper and shoved it under the dash. Well two years later the jumper fell out. Guess what my truck did not start. I was upset when I saw what the dealer had done. It is a aftermarket part there for it is not covered under warrenty. I pulled it out and fixed the wire and threw that junk away.

I work for a import dealer for 5 years we installed them for a couple of months we had alot of 50K cars that would not start because of that part. We ended up losing money because of all the cars we had to tow in and pay to get fixed. If you have this it is real easy to fix. Email me if you have this. It should be somewere on the lower kick panel.

Matt Tharp