"All in the family" spank (Ram vs. Dak QC)

From: John Bell (jbell@vignette.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 16:17:14 EST

Hey all, thought I'd share this one with you...

Coming into work today, I'm zipping along pretty fast (around 80 or so)
since
I'm late for work (when the baby is teething, you tend to stay up late at
night
zzzzzzzzzz). Anyway, I'm passing people left and right, then this 4x4 Ram
2500 with the V10 badge and catback dual exhaust decides he's gonna catch
up and pass me. That's fine... we get to an uphill, and he starts to edge
ahead by about a front fender or so heading up (hence how I know it
was a V10, the badge was right in my face). "Oh, a challenge" I think, so
down goes my size 13 oaf foot into the Big Pedal - let's see how this
turns out, I'm thinking.

The mighty QC 360 downshifts, lets out a throaty growl, and at first I'm
just
staying with him. Then I creep up a little, then a little more, then his
fender
lead is gone and he is starting to get a little concerned ;-). I just keep
it down,
beat him to the top of the hill, and pull away. By then I'm coming up on the
lovely combo of slow traffic and a notorious speed trap (over the hill traps
in Austin, gotta love 'em), so I slow down. Ram Man cuts behind me and
plows on by in the left lane, giving me the "you're number one" salute as
he goes by, natch. Whatever :-).

Anyway, those Rams with the V10 are damn quick, 4x4 or otherwise. I had
to work hard for that one. I thought he'd out-torque me on the hill, but the
QC
seemed to not have trouble with that (3.92 gears probably helped there). Oh
well,
like the subject says, it's all in the family :-D.

Have fun,

--
John Bell - '00 D2K QC 5.9 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+ *my baby*