Re: Re: MAP and O2 Sensor testing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 21:51:27 EST

> Kyle,
> When you replaced the sensors did it come up with the
> codes or was it
> to cure a fuel economy problem?? I have a 93 5.2 2wd
> auto that gets
> 10-12mpg in town. Ive done all the tune up stuff & the
> 02s, no difference. Also have pulled codes, only came
> up with 55, no problem??

Oddly enough, a faulty 02 sensor wont necessarily throw a fault code. I
wasnt getting an 02 sensor related fault code either, just the normal ole
55, which means the fault code test has ended. I just changed mine really
for the hell of it and noticed no difference in driveability nor a
difference in gas mileage. You might want to put a new one in though itf
your Dak has some miles on it. I changed mine out at 104,000 miles.
Kyle
93 Daktoa 4x4 V6