Almost set the truck on fire...

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 21:37:50 EST

Well - this has been a very eventful week. It started off with me going
out to warm up the truck. A few weeks before the snow hit chicago, I
was messing around with my clearence light wires - trying to patch them
into the mail ligh switch. Well the weather went sour before I could
finish - and I have been driving around without the black dashboard
panel and vents. (open air ducts) Well the wire from the battery to
the switch was hanging down - it was spliced (with the splice not
covered) and it either hit a peice of metal or the wet snow on my boot -
because it shorted. ( I didnt have the lights on a fuse - stupid stupid
stupid) The dash lights dimmed - and the wires under the dash were
bright orange glowing. - the insulation melted off and the cab filled
up with plastic burning smoke. Smoke also poured from under the hood.
Swearing loudly, I turned off the truck and opend the doors - and popped
the hood. The wires melted from the battery all the way into the dash
at the switches. I removed what was left of them. All the clearence
lights are out as are my fog lights. The clearence lights and fog lights
were bound together. WHen they melted - the fog lights melted too. I
was mad as hell for doing a bunch of stupid things like that LOL

Then - on christmas eve - I backed the truck up onto a pile of snow -
and got the entire rear axle stuck. The wheels were spinning with
nothing under them. It took me 5 hours with the help of a neighbor to
dig it out. There was no one with a 4x4 that could pull me out. And a
4x2 Explorer doesnt do alot either. No traction.

I'm looking forward to summer <sigh>

--

"Its no joke Tuco, its a rope..."

Tom http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 12/7/00 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2