RE: Coolant Additives/Cooling System Questions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 09:21:24 EST

Yes...I use it and am very happy with the results. I used to run Redline
"Water Wetter" but it didn't make any difference in temp. I switched to the
DEI stuff during the hot (105+ degree weather) summer and noticed a
temperature drop on my gauge almost immediately...with the A/C on. One
bottle will work but you'll need two to make a difference. Also, you don't
have to run as much coolant with it. I'm still running a 40/60 mix (40%
coolant) and no overheating or freezing problems. This would depend on your
area though.

On the T'Stat...Robert Shaw "High-Flow". I've had problems with the
SuperStat and other "generic" t'stats.

- Bernd