Re: "All in the family" spank (Ram vs. Dak QC)

From: John Bell (jbell@vignette.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 10:02:38 EST

"Andy Levy" <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:3A4B3895.7C1AC718@bigfoot.com...
> Those load-pulling gears help you get moving faster (look at all the
> folks slapping 4.10s into their trucks for racing). All other things
> being equal, a 3.92 rearend will beat my 3.55 off the line, but given
> enough room, I'll leg that other truck out because I've got (in theory)
> a higher top speed due to the gearing.
>
> The Dak had AT LEAST a 1000 pound advantage. The gearing plus the
> massive torque advantage of the V10 (close to 50Successore than the 360 at
> the flywheel, correct?) would have given the Ram one helluva spank if it
> were lighter.

"Woulda coulda shoulda" - where's my V10 Dak? :-D

Very true, however. You know how those guys are with the V10 Rams, though.
They
slap a cat-back on it and then drive around like they own the planet :-). It
was nice
to remind one of them that they aren't all that... besides, I spotted him a
fender
going up a hill while he was already up to speed, very rarely will I be so
generous -
the last time I was, I got my head handed to me ;-). In fact, I get beat
most of the
time, hell I drive a 4x4 QC 'nuff said. I can still slap around Explorers,
Subhumans
*cough* I mean Suburbans and Toyota Land Bruisers at will, which is no end
of fun. People don't like to be reminded that they paid more money than I
did to
drive a POS slug around...

Have fun,

--
John Bell - '00 D2K QC 5.9 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+ *my baby*