Re: 4WD Low

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 14:07:57 EST

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:57:58AM -0600, Phil Batson <vrman@ogzr.net> wrote:
> I was doing a little four wheeling thru the snow last weekend, (2+feet
> woohoo!) and I was trying to use my 4WD low setting. I'd get it in, but it
> would keep popping out. Is it supposed to do that? I was in [D]rive. Should
> i have put it in [1]st gear? I didn't try it, but thought about it
> afterwards. I never have that problem with 4WD high. (thank goodness)

I've only put my truck in low once, just to see if it worked. You have to
stop, put the truck in neutral, and then shift into 4wd Low, and put the
truck back in gear. I'd leave the truck in 1st gear just to be safe,
anyway, because you aren't supposed to be moving more than a few mph with
the truck in 4wd low.

Also, if you were in 4wd High at the time, I would pause for a few seconds
at 2wd before switching to low. That's just me being careful, though.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 (Loaded)