Re: Engine Temp?!?!

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 14:03:04 EST

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 11:44:07PM -0800, "William H. Hiatt III" <william@hiatt.net> wrote:
> Well, I was in heavy traffic today, and noticed the engine temp gauge was
> right on 210. I was in stop and go traffic, A/C on, and it was about 75
> degrees outside. Is this normal? I did notice the other day while sitting
> idling (Not moving at all), with the A/C on, It got above 210, it was like
> 215-220. Turned A/C off, and it stopped. Wierd. Oh well. So basically, is
> what I saw today ok? I have a 4.7L btw.

Did you opt for the HD cooling package?

Anyway, the only time I saw my truck get this hot was during the summer
going over the mountain. It was ~100 degrees outside and I was going
normally with O/D off. The truck still shifted quite a bit, which
increased the temperature more. After shifting down to 2nd, the temp
started to go back down.

Either way, it handled the heat great. Still performed like usual, though
I never let it get close to hitting red.

--
Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 (Loaded)