Re: Kenne-Bell blower on a 4.7

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 16:23:20 EST

Golden West has a 4.7L supercharger set-up? That's news to me. I have their
ATI Procharger set-up on my R/T. I went from running 14.67@93 mph to
13.31@105 mph. 130hp at the flywheel (300hp to 430hp) and 105 pft torque
(345pft to 450pft) varified by rear wheel dyno/conversion at 25% driveline
loss. The automatic transmission may even rob more than that but that's gotta
be somewhat close.

HOWEVER................

 That's all good and dandy but..... less than a year later and my blower
slowly stops making 8 psi, then 7psi, then 6 psi then only 5 psi. Then
there's the belt that almost ALWAYS slips. The blow-off valve rubber tubing
is easily burnt up by the close proximity of the headers (poorly designed
location in my opinion) and there isn't an *easy* way to add more fuel to the
motor. When my Procharger churns out 8 psi, don't get me wrong, I love it,
but the GWP kit *I* recieved was not well thought out and generally of poor
quality. I'm in the process of fixing all these problems as we speak so
hopefully my truck should be running back to peak real soon....

James
'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T (ATI Procharged)
'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed & 3.92 gear)