T-stat question

From: DONKEYJAKE@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 20:22:17 EST

Got a 97 318 with the factory 190 stat still in. I'm stationed in Hawaii
right now but soon will be packing it up and moving to the east coast
(Connecticut or Virginia not sure). So should I put the 180 stat in or not.
I've read that some have had problems with the 180 stat not letting their
engine warm up enough in colder weather. I've got less than a year left in
Hawaii and don't want to have to swap back. I appreciate any and all
suggestions.

JAKE