Re: Fitting A Powerdyne (was V6 intake manifold)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 08:44:14 EST

In a message dated 12/29/00 3:46:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SilverEightynine@aol.com writes:

> Right as usual Jon... I checked my manuals - and as best I can tell
> from the intake manifold diagrams and bolt tightening sequence diagrams
> - the bolts don't even come close to fitting. The magnum manifolds
> won't fit. So adapting MPFI to a old premagger would take alot of custom
> work. More than I can undertake myself. So - here is my next
> question. I have my eyes on the powerdyne blower... Any ideas what for
> what I would have to do to adapt it? I talked with Miggity about this a
> while back but didn't have the sence to save his suggestions. I know
> the powerdyne does the compression itself - as opposed to the
> compression being done directly to the cyl. But it was designed for a
> MPFI throttlebody... not a TBI fuel set up. I don't have the technical
> knowledge to figure this one out on my own LOL. My hunch is that its
> not even possible. Or atleast not easy. Maby I should just pick up an
> older Magnum Gen II and tinker with a 318 or a 360. With thought of
> summer growing closer (I know its not even January yet - so what!) My
> plans are turning more twards a 4x2 street truck. Maby a mild drop,
> roll pan etc...
> --

If you can fabricate brackets, you can supercharge ANYTHING. The only problem
you would have is the fuel requirement. I would say the easiest way to handle
it is with an in-line auxillary fuel pump and a fuel injector in the intake
tube between the SC and the TB. Rigged with a pressure switch to come on at 2
or 3 psi, it will inject extra fuel to the mix. Abeercan@aol.com (the guy
with the 408 blown dakota...sorry I can't recall his name) did a similiar
setup. You may wanna check him out.
    I don't know what the TB for a premagger in comparision to a mag looks
like, you may have to come up with an air hat. You;ll need to check into that
before you commit yourself.

Good luck

PS If you put magnum heads on the block, the intake manifold will fit just
fine :-)

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8