Fitting A Powerdyne (was V6 intake manifold)

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 03:42:16 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

> I suspect the pre-magger has the old, LA style intake
> mounting bolts as opposed to the vertical Magnum ones,

Right as usual Jon... I checked my manuals - and as best I can tell
from the intake manifold diagrams and bolt tightening sequence diagrams
- the bolts don't even come close to fitting. The magnum manifolds
won't fit. So adapting MPFI to a old premagger would take alot of custom
work. More than I can undertake myself. So - here is my next
question. I have my eyes on the powerdyne blower... Any ideas what for
what I would have to do to adapt it? I talked with Miggity about this a
while back but didn't have the sence to save his suggestions. I know
the powerdyne does the compression itself - as opposed to the
compression being done directly to the cyl. But it was designed for a
MPFI throttlebody... not a TBI fuel set up. I don't have the technical
knowledge to figure this one out on my own LOL. My hunch is that its
not even possible. Or atleast not easy. Maby I should just pick up an
older Magnum Gen II and tinker with a 318 or a 360. With thought of
summer growing closer (I know its not even January yet - so what!) My
plans are turning more twards a 4x2 street truck. Maby a mild drop,
roll pan etc...

--

"Its no joke Tuco, its a rope..."

Tom http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine Site Updated - on 12/7/00 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2