RE: Air Tools

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 18:39:59 EST

get a can of special air tool oil, Costco should have it since they sell the
tools. Personally I'd buy a name brand oil, Sears or find a tool truck :)
Put several drops in the first time you use them, operate the tool (no load)
to let the oil circulate, then add a few drops before you go to use them.

If you like the power of that impact, go try on a 3/4" drive snap-on for the
BIG trucks... 1100ft-lbs, they'll twist you into a pretzel if you're not
paying attention ;) also handy for breaking studs when the lug nuts are
rusted on =)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-I bought a set of air tools from the local Costco (warehouse store). The
-brand name is Mastergrip. Problem is there is no directions.
-Since this is
-my first set of pneumatics I need to know from those of you experienced in
-this area a couple things. What kind of oil do I use and how often do I
-need to put in oil? I have a ratchet, impact wrench, and air hammer. Fun
-tools...especially the impact tool. That sucker will loosen anything. I
-got this cheaper set to learn about these things before I go and buy the
-expensive stuff.
-
-TIA,
-Ron
-00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
-For modifications see my DML Profile (URL follows)
-http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Kw9pV1EkFeOYY
-
-