Re: Tow hooks

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 19:15:00 EST

> Tow hooks not on a 4x4? They're not on my 4x4, either. So I drilled a
pair
> of holes in my frame, near the back bumper, and mounted one. Anyone mount
> hook on the front of a Gen II Dak? If so, lemme know!

I have two tow hooks on the front of my Dak. I originally bought and mounted
the small 'Jeep' style hooks, and found out they suck. They are just too
short and the a tucked up/into the frame too much. Remember also, I dont
have the lower air dam on my truck, cause it would just get torn off; or
should I say it gets torn off whenever I went 4wheelin. Plus by removing the
lower air dam you can get a slightly better approach angle. Check out this
link for pics of my Dak:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html
I originally took a pair of tow hooks off of a 1985 4WD Blazer, at a junk
yard for $5. I then also took a pair of hooks off of a 1995 Chevy 2500 4WD
pickup, and ended up using these with Grade 8 mounting hardware. The large
tow ring is what I use for rear recovery on my Reese Class IV hitch.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6