Hi all, just ordered by my Dakota!

From: John Brunswick (john@brunswick.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 20:07:31 EST

Hi,

  Really nice to see a group of people interested in the truck I just
ordered. I have already figured out some of the modifications I want to do
and don't even have the truck yet...LOL. Anyway I ordered the following:
2001 4x2 Intense Blue Club Cab Sport, 4.7, automatic, sport plus package,
CC, tilt wheel, limited slip rear end, which I was told that comes with
3.55 gears. Was told that 3.92 was not available with this combo. Debated
3.92 vs 3.55 before I found this out and decided to go with a bit more gas
mileage and 3.55 anyways. Now the hard part... waiting almost 2 months to
get my truck! Oh well, at least I can keep reading from this excellent
mail group and learn till I get my truck. Anyone want to recommend things
I should do from day one I would love to hear your views. Already figured
at 500 miles to change my oil to Mobil 1 and new filter. A Robert Shaver
brass 180 degree thermostat after that. Also what is the additive DEI that
is mentioned in a previous note? Will that prevent rust buildup or just
help with high temps. What would you recommend for tranny and rear end
fluid changes too? I feel very lucky to come across the group, hope to
learn a lot and someday maybe add my own experiences too.

John