RE: Re: Slipping Transmission?

From: Advanced Grinding and Machine (agm@win.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 23:33:33 EST

My dak also overrevs 2-3. I had other trans problems,the worst was no down
shift from overdrive at med. throttle, that were fixed by changing the
filter. I read the next post that said the overrev problem is bands or
clutches. That is unlikely in my truck because it has been happening for
40-
50k. Once a band or clutch starts to fail, it will fail quickly. When my
pan was off and the filter changed at about 135k, there was very little band
or clutch material in the filter or in the pan. The bands did not need
adjusted. That told me my overrev problem is not a band or clutch. I
suspect is is a timing problem between a band and clutch.