Re: New Hoses/Belt/Tstat

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 01:50:00 EST

> Are you sure you got the right belt? The part number for the belt with A/C
> is 975K7. If ya don't then it's 884K7. I am thinking of bypassing my A/C
> when i run at the track. Someone told me that the 884k7 doesn't work if
your
> bypassing the A/C. I work at Auto Zone. Just wondering. It is usually best
> to change everything since you're working on it. the original hose clamps
> suck. hope ya had fun. :-)

My truck doesnt have A/C, so that is why I have the #884K7 serpentine belt.
I was told this is the one for my Dak on the phone, and I had them double
check when I went into the store: 1993 Dodge Dakota 4x4 V6 without A/C, with
Power Steering. I also picked up a Stant 'Lev-R-Vent' radiator cap for $4.37
at WalMart. They had a sale on Prestone Antifreeze: $4.44 per gallon. I am
going to do this little project probably Monday. Thanks for the info.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6