Re: Tow hooks

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 11:23:06 EST

Andy Levy wrote:

> Of these two, Adam's solution seems to be better for the hardcore
> offroader, as it doesn't change your approach angle, and keeps the hooks
> off the trail. The Mopar hooks are designed by the factory to bolt
> right up (IOW, they're "factory approved"), but they hang lower,
> reducing your approach angle - plus, that puts them deeper into the
> muck. Jason & Norah have the Mopar hooks on their '98, and they had to
> go into the mud to get at them out at Jon's IIRC.

Actually, the Mopar kit doesn't hurt the approach angle. I was surprised myself
to discover this after they went on. They sit far enough back under the bumper
that they don't get in the way.

They *do* get plugged up with muck pretty easily, though. And it can be a pain to
get a strap on to them.

--
Linux: because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario