Re: Tow hooks

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 11:27:08 EST

Jeremiah Siembida wrote:

> Tow hooks not on a 4x4? They're not on my 4x4, either. So I drilled a pair
> of holes in my frame, near the back bumper, and mounted one. Anyone mount a
> hook on the front of a Gen II Dak? If so, lemme know!

I got some help from someone in my 4x4 club to mount some hooks on my
'95. He ended up fabricating brackets for them. The brackets are
welded to both sides of the bumper mounts, and clamp the hook between
the two sides. They also are bolted right in to the frame (with two
extra holes drilled per side for additional strength).

He even managed to line the hooks up with the existing gap in the
plastic air dam, so he didn't have to cut that. Although, I wouldn't
have minded cutting it (seems pretty harmless after drilling holes in
the frame).

--
Linux: because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario