New to list---Attn JAY P.--long

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 13:08:49 EST

 First off Jay, welcome to the "List of DAKOTA's", where you'll see
information that won't EVER be published in any FSM(some is of course, but
only what DC wants you to know). WELCOME again. You probably have the best
of the GENERATION II models of the DAK's made(I'm partial, because I have a
'95). Not to be putting down the other DAK's out there, but with the '95,
DODGE got it right. You already have a drop-in filter from K&N, if you know
how to use a grinding wheel for getting into holes and a DREMEL TOOL for
polishing, the overall best thing to do is do a "self porting" (or done
professionally) of the throttle body. It gives the best bang for a buck.
Actually if you know-how or can get somebody to do it, our trucks run so
much better with the intake and heads ported and polished.You will after a
while find out that our trucks do have some quirkiness to them ie:
transmissions(change fluid religiously), whinning from rear-end that has the
LSD(putting in sinthetic fluid with a gear additive works), cracked
heads(change to 180 degree prevents(as far as we know), and there is the old
warped rotors in front( design flaw). I hope that I haven't scarred you,
because we still have the best designed and built truck, compared to those
other so-named dealers. Also where you from, and do you have the 2-by or
4-by?
   You can see my truck at http://www.users.uswest.net/~magnum318
  If that doesn't work go to:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~magnum318