Engine light...

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 13:53:38 EST

Ok folks...quick question here...I just went out to run a little errand. I
was driving thru the residential area and mom my was driving by and stopped
me....when I took off the truck started off in 2nd (auto)and then shift to
3rd like normal...this didn't seem really strange to me because it does this
in the morning when it is really cold out. I drove about another mile and
had to stop at a light...the truck was driving fine...and this full size
chebby pulls up..so im thinkin about takin off kinda quick. When the light
turned green he took off and I got on it...but the truck launched like I was
towing a trailer..again taking off in second gear...I looked down at the
dash and the check engine light was on. I found a place to pull over and
checked my fluids..they are all fine. I just now tried to check the codes,
but it won't pull any up. I let the truck sit about 5mins and it drove fine
after that....but the engine light is still on. Any ideas?

Casey Aldridge
Tempe, AZ
'97 RC V6 Auto 3.55 One Side Fire
Autolite 3923's, 180* T-stat, Ported TB