Re: Seats interchangeable between years?

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 00:11:34 EST

George,

The '00 seats (or any Gen III) seats will not directly bolt into a Gen I or Gen II (86-96) Dakota. However, the length of the seats are the same (NOT the width, that is of by 1-1/2" on
either side of the seat), and by cutting some spacers and using the Gen II seat mount and adjuster, your grandfather can rather easily sway them in. I have 98 buckets in my 93 CC. I made
my spacers about 3/4 tall to allow clearance for the different style seat adjusters. Email me if I confusing here. It's pretty late :)

Mike S.
93 Dak

gcoffey@telocity.com wrote:

> While I was home recently, my Grandfather was checking out my '00 Dak Sport. He really likes the 60/40 split bench seat in my truck over the plainish bench seat in his '93 Dak Sport.
>
> Anyone know if the newer model seat would be a direct bolt-in in his '93?
>
> Thanks...
>
> George Coffey
> '00 Dak Sport 4.7 5-speed

Shop Safely Online Without a Credit Card
http://www.rocketcash.com